International Actuarial Association
Founded in 1895, and reformed in 1998 with a new constitution, the International Actuarial Association (IAA) is the worldwide association of professional actuarial associations, with a number of special interest sections for individual actuaries. The IAA exists to encourage the development of a global profession, acknowledged as technically competent and professionally reliable, which will ensure that the public interest is served. Read More...
The actuarial profession is recognized worldwide as a major player in the decision-making process within the financial services industry, in the area of social protection and in the management of risk, contributing to the well-being of society as a whole.
The mission of the IAA, as the worldwide organization of actuarial associations, is:
to represent the actuarial profession and promote its role, reputation and recognition in the international domain; and
- to promote professionalism, develop education standards and encourage research, with the active involvement of its Member Associations and Sections, in order to address changing needs.
- News Release: November 13, 2014 – IAA Council Appoints New Members to its Actuarial Standards Committee
- London Special Newsletter — November 2014
- News Release: November 5, 2014 – IAA Hosts Regional Development Seminar and Participates in East Asian Actuarial Conference in Chinese Taipei
- News Release: October 29, 2014 – IAA Participates in Joint Discussion Forum with ILO, ISSA and OECD in Geneva
- Newsletter — September 2014
- IAA Blog
- Council and Committee Meetings – Zurich, Switzerland
» 7-12 April 2015
- Joint IAALS, PBSS and IACA Colloquium in Oslo
» 7-10 June 2015
- ASTIN, AFIR/ERM and IACA Colloquium in Sydney, Australia
» 23-27 August 2015
- International Congress of Actuaries in Berlin, Germany
» 4 - 8 June 2018
- International Events Calendar