International Actuarial Association
Founded in 1895, and reformed in 1998 with a new constitution, the International Actuarial Association (IAA) is the worldwide association of professional actuarial associations, with a number of special interest sections for individual actuaries. The IAA exists to encourage the development of a global profession, acknowledged as technically competent and professionally reliable, which will ensure that the public interest is served. Read More...
The actuarial profession is recognized worldwide as a major player in the decision-making process within the financial services industry, in the area of social protection and in the management of risk, contributing to the well-being of society as a whole.
The mission of the IAA, as the worldwide organization of actuarial associations, is:
to represent the actuarial profession and promote its role, reputation and recognition in the international domain; and
- to promote professionalism, develop education standards and encourage research, with the active involvement of its Member Associations and Sections, in order to address changing needs.
THE SECRETARIAT IS CURRENTLY EXPERIENCING AN UNUSUALLY HIGH VOLUME OF REQUESTS FOR INFORMATION AND SERVICES.
WE APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE THIS MAY CAUSE. WE ASK FOR YOUR PATIENCE AND UNDERSTANDING WITH ANY DELAYS IN SERVICE YOU MAY ENCOUNTER AND APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE THIS MAY CAUSE.
PLEASE BE ASSURED WE WILL RESPOND TO YOUR QUERIES AND REQUESTS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
- Newsletter — April 2016
- 2015 Annual Report | (Français)
- 2016-04-15 IAA Response to OECD Consultation on a Draft Recommendation on Disaster Risk Financing Strategies
- News Release: March 18, 2016 – IAA Releases Paper on Determination of Retirement and Eligibility Ages: Actuarial, Social and Economic Impacts | (Français)
- 2016-03-17 IAA Response to the Warsaw International Mechanism for Loss and Damage
- Risk Book: IAA Publishes 2nd Set of Chapters for IRC Risk Book - March 14, 2016
- News Release: March 10, 2016 – IAA and IOPS Release Paper on the Role of Actuarial Calculations and Reviews in Pension Supervision | (Français)
- Joint Synthesis Paper and Joint Background Paper by IOPS and IAA: The role of the actuarial calculations and reviews in pension supervision.
- Newsletter — February 2016
- February 2016 Special Issue of IACA Newsletter
- IAA Publishes Risk Book
- Council and Committee Meetings – St. Petersburg, Russia
» 25-29 May 2016
- AFIR/ERM Colloquium in Edinburgh, United Kingdom
» 31 May-2 June 2016
- ASTIN Colloquium in Lisbon, Portugal
» 31 May-3 June 2016
- Joint IACA, IAAHS, PBSS and IPEBLA Colloquium in St. John's, Canada
» 27-29 June 2016
- International Congress of Actuaries in Berlin, Germany
» 4 - 8 June 2018
- International Events Calendar